Are you trying to figure out where to get sand in Minecraft Skyblock?
Skyblock is arguably the most popular Minecraft survival map. It puts players in a highly intense environment, where they must survive from the scarce resources from a floating island in the sky.
This map puts players’ knowledge about the game to the limits, as only the best can survive in these extreme conditions.
Finding most of the resources in Skyblock can be tricky, as players need to think outside the box to acquire the right tools to continue surviving on the floating island. Even common blocks such as dirt, stone, and gravel can become scarce if not appropriately managed.
Talking about scarce resources, one of the most challenging items to acquire in Minecraft Skyblock are sand.
Sand plays a vital role in the game since it increases the player’s sand collection, granting certain items and perks upon gathering a certain amount of sand.
In this guide, we’re going to show you where to get sand in Minecraft Skyblock.
Let’s dive right in!
Setting Up Your Husk Farm
Husks are desert versions of ordinary zombies in Minecraft. What separates them from norma Minecraft zombies is that they drop sand, making them very valuable in Skyblock. Since sand can be challenging to obtain in Skyblock, you must make yourself a Husk spawner and killer, which will allow you to farm sand from their drops.
However, you must have an established desert biome in Skyblock first before this farming method can work.
Gather Required Resources:
First you need to gather the required resources for the Husk Farm:
- Redstone Dust
- Nether Quartz
- Daylight Detectors
- Soul Campfires
- Sticky Pistons
- Water Buckets
Building the Husk Farm:
Now, here’s how you can make a sand harvester in Minecraft:
- First, you need to select a block where you’ll build around the Husk Machine.
- Use a water bucket to allow your character to go down to Level 0 on the Y-axis.
- Once you are at Level 0, set down 3 Chests for collection.
- After that, use Weeping Vines or Ladders to replace the Water Column you’ve previously placed.
- Put the Hoppers directly below the point you want to put the Husk Machine. They should cover a 3×3 grid.
- On top of the Hoppers, put Soul Campfires, then put them out. You can reignite them later using Flint & Steel.
- Make a basin around the outside of the climbing pilar. This will prevent water from spilling over and should bring mobs close to each other.
- Using your Water Bucket, fill the basin with water and put a Dispenser under the end of the Weeping Vines or Climbing Ladder.
- Put a Water Bucket within the Dispenser and place as many Scaffoldings out from the Dispenser. The Scaffoldings will start to fall once you reach the limit.
- Create a star pattern over the water spread using Scaffoldings.
- Now, put an Observer two blocks above the Dispenser, and ensure that the Redstone output of the Observer is going downwards.
- Build a platform leading to the Observer afterward, and place 2 Sticky Pistons on the platform on opposite sides of the Redstone block.
- Place 2 Hoppers below and between the pistons and the Redstone block.
- Put an Observer on the front of the Redstone block facing the center of the farm.
- Once done, put a Daylight Sensor above one of the blocks with Redstone dust.
- Put Redstone dust along the platform to create a path leading back to the original Observer.
- Finally, remove the residual blocks and create a path down to the collection area where you can gather Sand.
You can also watch this video tutorial below if you are having difficulties following the instructions mentioned above:
You Might Ask (FAQs)
How do you get sand in Hypixel Skyblock 2020?
Unlocking sand collection in Hypixel Skyblock can be complicated. You need either Cactus V to unlock the desert island recipe or Fish IV to unlock the pond island recipe. Afterward, you need to spawn one of the islands and mine enough to unlock a sand minion.
How do you farm gravel in skyblock?
To gather Gravel, players need to travel to the Spider’s Den in Minecraft Skyblock. The Spider’s Den warp is located inside the Graveyard of the main hub island.
Do zombies drop gravel?
Zombies have a 50% chance to drop one block of Gravel.
Can zombies drop carrots?
Zombies have a 0.8% chance of dropping one carrot. This can be increased using Looting Enchantment. Looting I will give you a 1.2% chance, looting II will provide a 1.5% chance, and looting III gives a 1.8% chance for Zombies to drop one carrot.
This wraps up our guide on where to get Sand in Minecraft Skyblock. If you want to clarify something or have other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help you out.