Want to know how you can unlock Mother Gothel in Dreamlight Valley?
Although she is not the most cherished or even popular villain in Disney, Mother Gothel, the main antagonist in Tangled, is one of the many characters you can unlock in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Similar to other NPCs in the Valley, Mother Gothel comes with several Friendship Quests and perks that you can use to unlock special items and progress your game.
However, players must first gain access to a biome known as the Glade of Trust before you can help her regain her memories and get her to join your village/community.
The Glade of Trust is an area in Dreamlight Valley that is southwest of the Peaceful Meadow.
To access this dismal forest, Dreamers will need to invest 5,000 Dreamlight. For new players, this amount can be a lot, but once you’ve completed a bunch of Dreamlight-related tasks, you can raise 5,000 Dreamlight in no time.
After Merlin is able to clear the thorny brush blocking the gate, players can enter the Glade of Trust to search for Mother Gothel.
In this guide, we will show you how you can unlock Mother Gothel in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Let’s jump right in!
Unlocking Mother Gothel
While exploring the Glade of Trust, players will come across a corrupted tree, triggering “The Curse”, the Friendship Quest required for unlocking Mother Gothel in Dreamlight Valley. However, this quest can be tricky for new players.
To help you out, here’s what you need to do:
- After triggering “The Curse” questline, locate Merlin in the Valley and talk to him about the situation in the Glade of Trust.
- Now, go through several cutscenes and enter the treehouse in the dark woods to speak with Mother Gothel. Follow her to the Pillar of Trust before heading back to Merlin.
- Unfortunately, dark magic is not Merlin’s specialty. He will suggest you ask the Sea Witch Ursula for help. You can find her swimming in the ocean of Dazzle Beach. If she’s not there, check the ponds of water around Peaceful Meadow.
- Next, Ursula will instruct you to bring along another NPC to channel her magic, allowing them to travel to the Here and There and find the Orb of Trust. This is the item you’ll need to unlock Mother Gothel.
- The new dimension you will enter might seem a bit disorienting, but keep following the massive light caused by the orb in the distance. Continue towards the pulsing glow to locate the Orb of Trust.
- After retrieving the Orb of Trust, you will be transported to the Pillar of Trust within the glade. To complete this feat and unlock Mother Gothel, head to her house at the center of the Glade of Trust and speak with her.
After finishing the quest, you will now gain access to Mother Gothel’s Friendship Level 2 and have her become an independent NPC in the Valley. You can also assign her a specialty and receive more quest from her down the line.
That is everything you need to know on how to unlock Mother Gothel in Dreamlight Valley. If you have other concerns, drop a comment below, and we’ll be here to help.