Are you trying to figure out how you can play split-screen in Fortnite?
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games, released in 2017. The game is available in three different game modes that share the same game engine and mechanics.
Several years after its release, its Battle Royal version became the most popular among the three modes. Currently, there’s a large community behind Fortnite: Battle Royale, and it continues to grow each day.
Epic Games make it a point to refresh the game occasionally to bring in new content and make some changes to level the playing field to reward and thank their players.
However, there’s one addition in Fortnite that we never thought would come to the game.
If you’re reading this, you probably heard that split-screen functionality was added to Fortnite. Well, that news is accurate as players can now play in split-screen mode.
However, there’s a catch!
Today, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about this new feature and how you can play split-screen in Fortnite.
Lets’ jump right in!
Supported Platforms / Systems
Although split-screen functionality is already available in Fortnite, it’s not yet released on all the platforms the game supports. Currently, split-screen is only available for Xbox and Playstation consoles.
This feature was added in 2019, and Epic Games hope to add the same feature to PC and other platforms.
Unfortunately, there’s still no date yet when this feature comes to PC.
Nonetheless, console gamers can now enjoy the feature on their Xbox and Playstation systems. If you’re running Fortnite on the Series X, Series S, or PS5, you’ll also enjoy a stable 60 FPS even on split-screen.
How to Start Split-Screen on Consoles
So how do you actually enable the split-screen feature on Fortnite?
Well, getting a friend to join in is a straightforward process. Before doing this, however, you’ll have to ensure that you have a second account and controller available for your game pal to use.
If you got the setup, follow the steps below to play split-screen in Fortnite:
- First, navigate to Fortnite’s Main Menu.
- Now, turn on the second controller of your console.
- Once connected, the second player will be instructed to choose their account.
- Sign in to your account and you should appear in the Fortnite Lobby.
- Lastly, queue up for a game and Fortnite should automatically enter Split-Screen mode when the game starts.
Supported Game Modes
While the game’s split-screen mode works exceptionally well, it’s no surprise that the game modes you can play are limited. If you’re playing in split-screen, solo mode is not available when playing online multiplayer.
Creative Mode and Team Rumble are also disabled when playing in split-screen mode.
Due to this, you’ll be stuck playing Squads or Duos on split-screen. Currently, these are the only game modes available for split-screen, and there’s no news yet if Epic Games will change this in the future.
Other Things to Know
- Split-screen sessions will end if any of the players disconnect, even if the other one stays logged in.
- You can’t see each other’s lobby or menu since the split-screen only starts when the match begins.
- Players can’t share inventories.
- Multi-language support in split screen is not yet available. This means that you’ll have to play in the same language during split screen.
That ends our guide on how to play split-screen in Fortnite. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them as soon as possible.