Want to know how you can open a vault in Fortnite?
Recently, Epic Games released the latest major update of its extremely popular title, Fortnite. This update signals a new chapter of the game that brought tons of new content, including weapons, items, mechanics, and a new map to compete over.
However, we will focus on the Seven Vaults that are also included in the update.
The Seven Vaults added in Chapter 3, Season 1, contain rare chests offering high-tier weapons and loot. You can also find blue crystals known as Gem Fragments in each Vault location.
Upon opening the Vault, you’ll receive 25,000 XP and an early-game loot.
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can open a vault in Fortnite.
Let’s get started!
Fortnite Vault Locations
In total, there are seven vaults on the newly changed Fortnite Island. They are scattered across the landscape, and locating them can get out of hand fast. To help you, we’ve listed all the locations of the Seven Vaults.
- Northwest of Logjam Lumberyard
- Next to the river northwest of Camp Cuddle
- Northeast of The Daily Bugle
- Southwest of Greasy Grove
- South of Condo Canyon
- On an island east of Sanctuary
- Southeast of the lake in Coney Crossroads
How to Open Fortnite Vaults
Once you’ve located the vaults, you’ll need a teammate to open them. You must stand with a teammate in front of the scanner and wait until the doors unlock.
However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t unlock a vault in Fortnite alone.
Unlocking the Vault With Another Player
The simplest way to unlock the vaults in Fortnite Chapter 3 is with a teammate. You can follow the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, mark the Vault’s location on your minimap. This should avoid confusion with your teammate on where exactly you’re going.
- Next, secure the area and ensure that there are no enemies nearby.
- After that, locate the Vault in the area.
- Once you’ve located one of the vaults, stand with your teammate in front of the door to activate the scanner.
- Lastly, wait for the scan to complete and the doors will turn green. This signals that the Vault is unlocked.
Go inside the Vault to open the chest and collect your high-tier weapon.
Unlocking the Vault Solo
While it’s recommended to unlock Vaults with a teammate, it’s not impossible to do this task alone. However, the process is somewhat tricky, so you’ll have to be careful.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your minimap, mark the location of the Vault and safely land there.
- After that, go around the area to ensure there are no other opponents in the location.
- Now, identify the Vault’s location and find a Seven Sentry NPC and knock them down.
- Finally, carry the NPC to the Vault and stand in front of the scanner.
Once the scan is complete, the lock on the door will turn green, and the Vault should be open. Collect the high-tier weapon in the chest and get back to the game.
When unlocking a Vault in Fortnite, you have to remember that it creates noise that could attract other enemies. Due to this, it’s essential to keep your guards up all the time until you’ve secured the high-tier weapon.
That’s everything you need to know on how you can open a vault in Fortnite. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.