Do you want to make a cyan dye in Minecraft?
The world of Minecraft is full of monsters, hostile and passive mobs, and villagers. Aside from the things you can explore, Minecraft also lets you customize your world based on your preferences.
You can make villages, ponds, animal shelters, and even your dream house.
However, you might find that some blocks in the game don’t suit your taste, or their color doesn’t fit the theme you are trying to build.
Thankfully, there’s an item that allows you to set the colors of beds, stained glasses, and more using dyes.
Dyes on Minecraft are classified into three groups, primary, quasi-primary, and secondary colors. Quasi and secondary dyes are obtained by combining primary dyes.
In this guide, we will show you how to make a cyan dye in Minecraft.
Let’s dive right in!
Things That You’ll Need
To craft a cyan dye in Minecraft, you’ll need to gather a few things first. Since cyan dyes belong to the secondary group, you’ll have to combine two dyes to obtain them in the game.
Here are the things that you need to gather:
Crafting Green Dye in Minecraft
The first material that you’ll need to make a cyan dye in Minecraft is a green dye. This can be obtained by smelting cactus on the furnace. If you don’t know how to make a furnace in Minecraft, you can check our guide to help you out.
Once you have a furnace, follow the steps below:
- First, approach the Furnace to access the Smelting Interface.
- After that, put some fuel under the Furnace. You can use coal, wood, or any flammable material.
- Now, place the Cactus above the interface and wait for the process to finish.
- Lastly, collect the Green Dye and put it in your inventory.
Crafting Blue Dye in Minecraft
The second item that you need to have is a blue dye. Blue dyes can be crafted using Lapis Lazuli ores. Compared to green dye, the blue dye doesn’t require smelting, so the process is a lot easier.
Usually, Lapis Lazuli can be found on ravines or caves. For more details, check out our in-depth guide on how to find Lapis Lazuli fast.
Once you have enough Lapis Lazuli, put down your Crafting Table and access the 3×3 Crafting Grid. After that, place the Lapis Lazuli ore in the middle and gather the Blue Dye.
Make Cyan Dye in Minecraft
After gathering the required materials for the Cyan Dye, the only thing left for you to do is put the items you’ve collected to good use. Go back to your Crafting Table to reaccess the 3×3 Crafting Grid.
Now, put the Blue and Green Dye in the crafting interface, and the Cyan Dye should generate automatically. Repeat this process until you have enough Cyan Dye for your bed, stained glass, and more.
What Can You Do With Cyan Dyes?
Similar with other dyes, Cyan dye can be used for the following:
- Dye sheep’s wool, which can be sheared for 1-3 blocks of cyan wool.
- Apply to tamed wolves to change the color of their collars.
- Dye tamed cats’ collars.
- Stain or dye wool, leather armors, beds, glass, terracotta, and shulker boxes.
- Combine with gunpowder to craft a firework star.
- Combine with a firework star to generate a fade-to-color effect.
- Add patterns to banners.
- Dye Shulkers in Minecraft Bedrock and Education versions.
- Mix with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combine with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks in Bedrock and Education version of Minecraft.
You Might Ask (FAQs)
What flower makes blue dye in Minecraft?
Light blue dye can be crafted by placing a blue orchid anywhere on the crafting table. You can also create light blue dyes by combining lapis lazuli with bonemeal, which produces two light blue dyes.
How do you make cyan wool?
To generate cyan wool, simply put a wool and cyan dye in the 3×3 Crafting Grid. Move the cyan wool to your inventory afterwards and repeat the process.
How do you make blue dye in Minecraft?
Blue dye in Minecraft can be created by placing a lapis lazuli ore on the crafting table. To learn more, please refer to our guide above, which discuss this matter in detail.
This ends our guide on how to make a cyan dye in Minecraft. If you have any questions in mind, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them as soon as we can.