Do you want to learn how to kill the Ravager in Minecraft?
One of the best things about Minecraft is the mobs that you can kill, which gives a generous amount of reward that can help you advance your progress. Among these mobs are Ravagers, Elder Guardians, Ender Dragon, The Wither, and more.
However, in this guide, we’re going to set our aim to Ravagers.
Ravagers are large bovine mobs that spawn in raids in Minecraft, which attack players, villagers, traders, and even iron golems. These mobs are large and would often come with other mobs riding on top.
Players can spawn Ravagers through raids in Minecraft, but you must prepare well before attempting this to avoid dying.
So, how do you kill one? Keep reading to learn more!
Preparing Your Weapon:
The best way to defeat the Ravager in Minecraft is to prepare yourself and the tools you need. Since you need to battle three waves of mobs, choosing a weapon you are most comfortable using would be your best option.
Here’s how you can craft a crossbow in Minecraft:
- First, gather the resources needed for Crossbow, which includes the following:
- 3x Stick
- 1 Trip Wire
- 1 Iron Ingot
- 2 Strings
- 1 Trip Wire Hook
- Access your Crafting Table afterward and layout the materials as shown below:
- Get the Crossbow and move it to your inventory.
If you want, you can also enchant your crossbow with power and infinity if you want to have that extra damage in the battle.
Killing the Ravager in Minecraft:
Now that you’ve secured a proper weapon for the raid, it is now time to start the actual battle.
Here’s how you can start the Raid in Minecraft:
- First, go to a nearby Village and take one of the Bed and place it closest to the direction of the Pillager Outpost.
- Set your Spawn Point to the bed.
- Approach the Pillager Outpost afterward and take out the Raid Captain.
- You will then obtain the ‘Bad Omen’, which would last for an hour.
- Go back to the Village and wait for the Raid to start.
- Now, fight off the Pillager Waves and be careful not to die. If you die, you will spawn near the Bed you placed earlier. Before fighting the wave, make sure to set your Spawn Point again.
- Gather your resources in the location you died and kill the remaining Pillagers.
- Finally, when you reach the third wave, the Ravager will spawn. Give your best shot and try not to die while killing the beast.
After killing the Ravager, you can now collect the rewards that would appear.
The Behavior of the Ravager:
When fighting the Ravager, here are some key points that you should remember so that you can anticipate its subsequent attack and prevent taking damage from its powerful tackle:
- Attack Radius – Ravagers are hostile to all players, iron golems, adults and baby villagers, and wandering traders within a 32-block radius.
- Melee Attack – Ravagers attack their target by charging in with their head dealing damage and knockback of 5-blocks.
- Damage – if playing in easy mode, Ravagers attack will deal 3.5 hearts of damage. For normal mode, six hearts of damage will be dealt for every attack. Finally, nine hearts of damage will be dealt if you are playing hard mode.
Ravagers can also destroy certain types of blocks, so you need to be careful which blocks you would hide into when it starts charging forward. In Java Edition, Ravagers can only break leaves and crops.
For the Bedrock Edition, Ravagers can break more types of blocks, including crops, non-tree plants, turtle eggs, and leaves.
Summon Ravagers in Creative Mode:
Creative mode in Minecraft is somehow the exact opposite of survival mode. You can focus more on building things you like in creative mode instead of stressing yourself over creepers and other mobs that spawn across the map.
However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t have any fun while in creative mode.
If you want to summon Ravagers and other creatures in creative mode, here’s how you can do it:
- First, access your preferred Creative Mode world.
- Access the command box by pressing the Forward Slash (/) key on your keyboard
- Enter ‘summon’ followed by a space, then ‘minecraft:ravager’.
- Hit the Enter key afterward to summon the Ravager. You can also spawn other creatures using this command in Minecraft.
You Might Ask (FAQs)
How do you kill a Ravager in Minecraft?
Killing a Ravager in Minecraft requires a lot of preparation to be successful. You need to have the proper armor to sustain the damage from each attack and the right weapon to deal some damage to the Ravager.
We suggest using range weapons when fighting the Ravager so that you have enough distance to anticipate its charge attack. Using a crossbow enchanted with power and infinity would be your best bet when fighting the Ravager.
How many hits does it take to kill a Ravager?
If you are going to use your bare fist, killing the Ravager would require one hundred hits which are pretty tricky considering the damage Ravagers can deal with every attack. On the other hand, using a diamond sword would reduce that to 15 full strength attacks since Ravagers have 15 hearts of health.
Can Ravagers be tamed in Minecraft?
The short answer is you can’t. The Ravagers are already tamed by the pillagers, which are the enemy of all villages. They are also not supposed to be tamed because they are hostile to every villager, which are your friends.
What blocks can a Ravager Destroy?
In Minecraft Java Edition, Ravagers can only destroy leaves and crops. However, the Bedrock Edition is slightly different, and Ravagers can destroy crops, leaves, turtle eggs, and non-tree plants.
Ravagers are also hostile towards iron golems, adult villagers, baby villagers, players, and traders within the 32-block radius.
This sums up our guide on how to kill the Ravager in Minecraft. If this guide helped you, please share them with your friends to help our page grow. For your other concerns, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.