Do you want to play Co-Op mode in Genshin Impact?
There’s no doubt that miHoYo’s Genshin Impact is one of the hottest games in the market today. This action pack role-playing game boasts a stunning world and deep storyline with very immersive gameplay.
Some players even compare it to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Another reason why Genshin Impact is a very hit game is that it’s free-to-play. While it has a ‘gacha system’, the game is still very enjoyable even if you don’t spend any money to purchase in-game items.
Genshin Impact also has a Co-Op mode that allows you to invite your friends to explore the world of Teyvat together.
However, the Co-Op mode in Genshin Impact is not available right away.
You’ll still need to reach a certain level and complete some quests in the game before you can play with other players.
Today, we’re going to show you how to play and unlock Co-Op mode in Genshin Impact.
Let’s dive right in!
How to Unlock Co-Op Mode in Genshin Impact?
The first thing to remember about the Co-Op mode in Genshin Impact is that it’s not accessible at the start of the game. If your friends plan to play together, you’ll need to ensure that your group is committed to grinding out some levels to unlock multiplayer mode.
Thankfully, unlocking Genshin Impact’s multiplayer mode is pretty straightforward and doesn’t consume a lot of time.
To invite your friends to the game, all you need to do is reach Adventure Rank 16. Your Adventure Rank can be increased by clearing dungeons, completing daily tasks, world quests, and opening chests.
Once you’ve reached Adventure Rank 16, you’ll automatically receive a prompt that multiplayer mode is unlocked.
How to Play Genshin Impact With Friends?
There are two ways to access Genshin Impact’s Co-Op mode. You can either join a friend’s current session or host your world to invite your friends over.
Here’s how you can host a world in Genshin Impact:
- First, access the Pause Menu in the game.
- After that, open the Co-Op Mode tab in the bottom left corner of your display.
- Now, select ‘My Multiplayer’ and change your permissions to either ‘Allow Direct Join’ or ‘Join After Approval’.
- All there is to do now is wait for your friends to join your session.
On the other hand, follow the guide below to join your friend’s session in Genshin Impact:
- Go to the Pause Menu and click on the Friends tab.
- Access the second tab in the Friends section and enter your friend’s nine-digit UID number.
- Send a friend request and wait for your friend to accept it.
- Now, go back to the My Friends tab and look for your friend’s profile.
- Finally, tap the Request to Join button and wait for your friend to accept your request.
If you have friends in Genshin Impact that you only know in-game, we suggest that you select the ‘Join After Approval’ option when hosting a session to prevent unwanted players from joining.
Does Genshin Impact Support Cross-Play?
Unlike most games that support multiple platforms, Genshin Impact allows crossplay. Crossplay is really important in any game since not everyone plays on the same operating system. Even mobile gamers can join players using consoles or PCs.
Here’s a complete list of platforms that can play with one another:
The mentioned platforms above can freely host and join worlds with another. As long as you meet the required Adventure Rank for multiplayer, you won’t be encountering any issues playing with other players.
Rules and Restrictions
- If two players play together, they can choose two characters for the party and change between them during combat, similar to what they can do solo. On the other hand, if you play a three-player Co-Op, the host gets two characters, and the other two gets one.
- Players can change their used character through the Party Setup, given they are not in combat.
- Enemy variation and volume scale with the number of players in the world.
You Might Ask (FAQs)
How do I enable co-op in Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact players can enable multiplayer mode by reaching Adventure Rank 16. If you want to increase your rank fast, you can check our detailed guide for boosting your Adventure Rank in Genshin Impact.
What is the point of co-op in Genshin Impact?
Since Genshin Impact’s gameplay is based on farming and grinding, you can get exhausted with the game when playing alone. Using Co-Op mode, you can grind together with your friends, which can be more enjoyable.
Is Genshin Impact pay to win?
In our opinion, Genshin Impact is still a free-to-play game, and your overall progress would depend on how often you grind and play. While there’s an in-game currency that you can purchase to pull more characters faster, F2P players can still keep up with users who spend money in the game.
Can you do dungeons in co-op Genshin Impact?
Yes, players can still access Domains and Ley Line Outcrops in Genshin Impact during Co-Op mode.
This ends our guide on how to play Co-Op mode in Genshin Impact. If you have questions or other concerns, leave a comment below, and we’ll be here to help you.