Do you see an error 4206 and 4026 in Genshin Impact?
Since its release in 2020, Genshin Impact has become one of the hottest RPG games worldwide, gathering over 21 million players in just a year. Despite being free-to-play, it has made a record-breaking 100 million dollars of revenue just two weeks after its initial release.
The reason behind this is that Genshin Impact has a ‘gacha system’ that allows players to use real money to pull for powerful characters in the game’s wishing system.
Although Genshin Impact has a smooth release and did not encounter any major issues, it doesn’t exempt the game from occasional bugs and glitches.
If you are here, you’re probably wondering why you see an error 4206 and 4026 in Genshin Impact when logging into your account.
Based on what we know, this problem usually occurs when your network connection is unstable or Genshin Impact’s servers are down.
To help you out, we’ve listed the best methods for fixing the error 4206 and 4026 in Genshin Impact.
Without further delays, let’s dive right in!
1. Restart Genshin Impact.
If you’re having a hard time logging into your Genshin Impact account due to random errors, the first thing that you should do is restart the game. This way, your device will have the chance to reload the game’s resources, which eliminates bugs and glitches.
On Android and iOS, you can restart Genshin Impact by closing down the app from the application switcher. You can access the app switcher by swiping upwards from the bottom of your display.
Locate Genshin Impact from the list afterwards and flick it upwards until it is removed from the list.
For PCs, check out the guide below to restart Genshin Impact:
- First, open the Task Manager on your Windows PC.
- Next, click on the Processes tab and find Genshin Impact.
- Lastly, select Genshin Impact and press the End Task button.
If you are using a Playstation 4 or 5, follow the steps below to restart Genshin Impact on your console:
- Press and hold the PS Button on your controller to access the Quick Menu.
- After that, select the Close Application option.
- Finally, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm your action.
Once done, re-launch Genshin Impact on your device and check if the error code would still occur while logging into your account.
2. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks can often interfere with how applications and games work, causing them to run into various errors. If you are using any VPN, please turn them off before accessing Genshin Impact.
If you prefer to play on another server, it is best that you just choose a different server in the game instead of using a VPN to report a dummy location.
You can do this by clicking on the Server button on the game’s login screen. From there, select whichever server you wish to play on. However, keep in mind that playing on a server far from your location may cause delays and lags.
3. Check and Reset Your Internet Connection.
Another reason why you encounter the Genshin Impact error 4206 and 4026 is if your network connection is slow or unstable. If this happens, the game may have difficulties communicating with its servers, which results in an error code.
To confirm this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure your current upload and download speed.
If the result shows that your internet is unstable, restart your network switch or router to refresh your connection.
Once done, go back to Genshin Impact and see if you can now access your account. Contact your service provider if you continue to encounter problems with your connection and ask them to address the issue.
4. Try A Different Device.
If you have other devices available, you can try accessing your Genshin Impact account from there. Your current device may have a bug or glitch in its system, or that specific platform is having problems on its end, causing Genshin Impact to run into errors.
If you are using a mobile device, try playing on a console/PC or vice versa.
5. Update Genshin Impact.
miHoYo may already be aware of the problem with their game and might release an update anytime soon. If you can’t access your account, try checking for an update from time to time and install it right away once it becomes available.
On Android devices, you can check for updates by doing the following:
- First, open Google Play Store on your device and tap on your Profile.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games and find Genshin Impact.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to Genshin Impact to start downloading the update.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to update Genshin Impact on your device:
- On your device, tap on the App Store to launch it.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon and locate Genshin Impact from the list.
- Finally, hit the Update button if there’s a newer version of Genshin Impact available.
If you are using a PC, check out the guide below:
- Launch Genshin Impact on your PC.
- After that, wait for the game to initialize or get to the main menu.
- Finally, you’ll see an Update button if there’s a newer version of the game. Click the Update button to start the process.
On PS4 and PS5, you can update Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- First, open your PS4 or PS5 and locate Genshin Impact.
- Next, select Genshin Impact and press the Options button on your controller.
- Once done, select Check for Updates and press the O or X button to start the process.
After updating Genshin Impact, relaunch the game to check if the problem is solved.
6. Reinstall the Game.
If the update did not work, try reinstalling Genshin Impact on your device to address the problem. Some of the game’s installation files may have gotten corrupted and the update can no longer fix it.
For Android users, check out the steps below to reinstall Genshin Impact on your device:
- Access the app drawer of your device and locate Genshin Impact.
- Now, press and hold Genshin Impact’s icon to open the options menu.
- Next, tap on Uninstall to delete the game.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store to reinstall Genshin Impact.
On iOS, you can reinstall Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- First, open your home screen and find Genshin Impact.
- After that, tap and hold its app icon to access the selection menu.
- Now, press the Remove App option to remove the game from your system.
- Lastly, go to the App Store and reinstall Genshin Impact from there.
If you are using a PC, check out the guide below to reinstall the game:
- Press the Windows + S keys on your keyboard and search for the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel afterwards and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Now, find Genshin Impact and right-click on it.
- After that, click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Go to miHoYo’s official website afterwards and download Genshin Impact from there.
Finally, if you are using a PS4 or PS5, you can reinstall Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- On your console’s main screen, select Genshin Impact using your controller.
- Now, press the Options button to access the side drawer.
- After that, select Delete to uninstall Genshin Impact on your PS4 or PS5.
- Finally, go to the PS Store and reinstall the game from there.
After reinstalling Genshin Impact, re-access your account and check if the error code 4206 and 4026 would still occur.
7. Report the Problem to miHoYo.
If none of the methods above worked out for you, we suggest that you get in touch with miHoYo to ask for help.
Visit Genshin Impact’s Help Center and contact their customer support to report the problem you’ve been experiencing when logging into your account. Provide your account details, the model of your device, and a screenshot of the error to make it easier for their team to assess the situation.
This ends our guide on how to fix Genshin Impact error 4206 and 4026. If you have any questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them as soon as we can.