Keep seeing a 0xC0000005 error in Deathloop?
Deathloop is Arkane Studios’ latest creation for PC and Playstation 5. After being delayed multiple times, the game is finally out, and it totally rocks! Deathloop places you on the island of Blackreef, where you play as Colt Vahn.
Your main goal? Stop the time loop in the island by assassinating the Visionaries in the game.
All in all, Deathloop offers an amazing storyline and action-packed gameplay that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The game also features serious eye candy for heavy gamers, and the graphics on the game are just stunning.
However, all of this won’t matter if a 0xC0000005 error stops you from playing Deathloop.
Unfortunately, this has been the complaint of many players on PC ever since the game was released.
If you’re one of them, keep reading!
Today, we will show you how to fix the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop.
Let’s get right into it!
1. Restart Your PC.
The first thing we recommend doing if you encounter the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop is to restart your system. This will allow your computer to reload its system resources and eliminate any errors that may have occurred during run time.
Follow the steps below to restart your PC:
- First, access the Start Menu on your Windows computer.
- After that, click on the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, choose the Restart option to reboot your system.
Once done, try playing Deathloop again and see if the problem is solved.
2. Update Windows.
If restarting your system did not work, we suggest updating your Windows version. There could be an existing issue with the current version of Windows you’re using that is related to graphics or games.
Here’s how you can check for updates on Windows:
- Go to Windows Settings on your PC.
- Next, access the Update & Security tab.
- Finally, go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates.
After updating Windows, go back to Deathloop and see if you would still encounter the 0xC0000005 error code.
3. Update Your Drivers.
When you encounter game-related issues on Windows, the problem may be coming from your graphics driver. Since most games rely on your GPU, your graphics card must be working properly all the time while gaming.
Check out the steps below to update your graphics driver:
- First, go to the Start Menu and search for Control Panel.
- Access the Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound.
- Now, under Devices and Printers, open Device Manager.
- After that, click on Display Adapters.
- Lastly, right-click on your graphics card and choose Update Driver.
Go back to Deathloop afterward and see if the 0xC0000005 error code would still occur.
4. Change Your 3D Settings.
One of the main reasons for the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop is the V-Sync feature of the game. Since the game was released, V-Sync is not working correctly and causes random errors when turned on.
If you keep seeing the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop, follow the steps below to change your 3D Settings.
For NVIDIA users, follow the steps below:
- First, go to NVIDIA Control Panel on your computer.
- Next, click on Manage 3D Settings from the main screen.
- After that, go to Global Settings.
- Select Max Frame Rate afterward and set it at 60.
- Once done, go to Program Settings and choose Deathloop from the list.
- Lastly, choose the highest Preferred Refresh Rate and enable Vertical Sync.
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, here’s what you need to do:
- On your computer, access the AMD Radeon application.
- Now, go to the Gaming tab and choose Global Graphics.
- After that, click on Radeon Chill and set the Maximum FPS to 60.
- Finally, set Vertical Refresh to Always On.
Once done, go to Deathloop and navigate to Options > Visuals > VSync, and turn it off. Lastly, set your maximum FPS to 120 and save the changes.
Play the game for at least 30 minutes to check if the error code would still occur.
5. Contact Deathloop Support.
If you still encounter the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop, we suggest that you report the issue to their team.
Visit Bethesda’s Support page and get in touch with their customer service to ask for assistance regarding the error code. Provide a screenshot of the error, your account details, and the graphics card you’re using to help their team diagnose the issue faster.
This ends our guide for fixing the 0xC0000005 error code in Deathloop. If you have questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them as soon as possible.