Do you need to find Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite?
One quest in Fortnite requires players to visit the Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite Island. Fortnite gets a lot of different quests and challenges for players to complete each week to earn extra XP for their Battle Pass.
Some of these quests are usually straightforward, such as damaging an opponent, retrieving a weapon, or speaking to an NPC.
However, there are also more complex tasks that require a bit of research to complete.
One of the recent quests that give tons of headaches to many players is figuring out the location of Shipwreck Cove. Since this isn’t a named location on the map, finding it can be daunting.
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we’ll show you how to find the Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite Island.
Let’s jump right in!
Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite
In Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 8, the landmark called Shipwreck Cove is located just southeast of Catty Corner. It’s behind the snow-covered mountains. This landmark is called Shipwreck Cove since it’s a small body of water with many abandoned and broken ships.
The easiest way to go to this area is by jumping from the Battle Bus and landing there. However, you have to watch your back as other players could be landing in the area as well.
To complete this task, players simply need to wander around Shipwreck Cove until they see the quest objective notification appear on the bottom of their screen.
The Shipwreck Cove was initially released in Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 1. As new seasons come, the area also received quite the changes.
- V13.00 – The area has been greatly flooded, and a whirlpool has appeared over Shipwreck Cove.
- V13.30 – The whirlpool was removed, and the water level lowered. After a month, the water level returned to its original level, revealing the rest of Shipwreck Cove.
- V15.00 – A totem has shown up near Shipwreck Cove, revealing all of Mave’s animal transformations. You can also find the Mave Character in the area during this update.
- V15.10 – Shipwreck Cove is covered up with snow.
- V18.40 – With the events of The End, two Abductors were left behind after the portal was closed due to The Cube Queen’s explosion. As Apollo went a 90-degree tilt and began to flip over, the remaining Abductors crashed into the southern part of the map. One of the abductors crashed into the hills above Shipwreck Cove.
Shipwreck Cove Challenges Reward
If you’ve completed the challenges involving the Shipwreck Cove, you’ll get the following rewards:
- Visit Shipwreck Cove, Yacht, and Flopper Pond – 40,000 EXP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck – 20,000 EXP
That ends our guide on where to find Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite Battle Royale. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.