Wondering what are the best foods to cook in Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Like any other survival game, there are tons of recipes that players can cook using fire or stove in Disney Dreamlight Valley. This can be done by combining a variety of ingredients to create energy-restoring meals.
Food that you cook in Dreamlight Valley can also be gifted or sold if you are not interested in consuming it. Due to this, food is not just a mechanic to keep your character from wearing out but also a means to earn some cash.
Cooking in Dreamlight Valley is straightforward, gather the required ingredients and throw the stuff into your stove’s stockpot.
In this guide, we’ll show you some of the best food to cook in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Let’s dive right in!
Cook in Dreamlight Valley
Cooking in Disney Dreamlight Valley requires you to collect all sorts of ingredients. From fish and fruit to herbs and grains, you can combine various resources in your stockpot to create tasty meals.
Experimenting with different ingredients can unlock recipes that you can then cook over and over, provided you have the required materials.
Once you have cooked a meal, you can consume it to restore your character’s energy, gift it to Dreamlight Valley villagers to increase your relationship level, or sell it to Goofy for some Star Coins.
Cooking ingredients in Dreamlight Valley are scattered across the open world. However, most are exclusive to only a few biomes, so you will need to forage, fish, and harvest all over the land or seek out Goofy’s stalls for seeds.
Specialized ingredients like milk, butter, and eggs can only be bought from the Chef Remy restaurant in the Plaza.
You will also need fuel for the stove you are using for every meal you cook, so make sure you are doing plenty of mining to collect coal.
While cooking, try out different combinations of ingredients at the stove and see what you come up with. You can throw up to five different ingredients into the pot to create a dish, but the recipe that comes out at the end might not utilize all the ingredients you’ve mixed.
Best Dreamlight Valley Recipes
Being a survival game, the best meals in Disney Dreamlight Valley are the ones that are going to restore the most energy, require very few ingredients, and can be sold for lots of Star Coins.
With that in mind, here are some of the best recipes in the game:
- Arendellian Pickled Herring: Restores 2100 Energy and is not as valuable as other dishes. This is great to have in your inventory if you are gathering resources or exploring for extended periods.
- Souffle: This is a four-star recipe that is worth over 1000 Coins. It can also restore over 2000 Energy when used.
- Bouillabaisse: Gathering the ingredients for this recipe is relatively easy once you’ve unlocked Dazzle Beach. This dish restores at least 2000 Energy and is good to have when performing early-to-mid game tasks.
- Grilled Fish Entrée: This dish is easy to make, and the ingredients can be easily sourced in the starting Plaza and Peaceful Meadow. Cook lots of them and sell them to Goofy for some Star Coins.
- Lemon Garlic Swordfish: A three-star recipe that replenishes over 3500 Energy. The ingredients required for this aren’t easy to come by, but it is still a decent recipe to have for energy and income.
- Pan-Fried Angler Fish: This is one of the most valuable dishes in Dreamlight Valley. It sells for 2500 coins despite being a four-star recipe and requires rare ingredients. This is definitely the dish to sell and not eat, despite the amount of energy it gives.
That brings us to the end of our list of the best food to cook in Disney Dreamlight Valley. If you have questions or any other concerns, please voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to answer them.