Want to know how you can beat Yogg-Saron in World of Warcraft fast?
Yogg-Saron is the final boss that you’ll encounter in the Ulduar Raid dungeon in World of Warcraft. This specific instance is a DPS race that requires high situational awareness to adjust to the boss’ mechanics.
This encounter doesn’t require a lot of healing compared to Mimiron. Having one healer per five raid members is more than enough to keep the team alive.
Once you’ve entered Yogg-Saron’s realm, the fight will immediately start. This will place you in a three-phase encounter, facing Sara and the guardians first, then killing the Brain of Yogg-Saron, and finally taking down its body.
You’ll also have exactly 15 minutes to complete all phases, or Extinguish All Life will be cast and wipe the entire raid.
Today, we will show you how to beat Yogg-Saron fast in World of Warcraft.
Let’s jump right in!
In this encounter, Sara must be damaged by Yogg-Saron’s guardians’ Shadow Nova. Once heavily damaged, Yogg-Saron will show himself and start attacking the sanity of your raid members.
If your sanity gets depleted, your entire raid will turn against one another.
Periodically, portals will show up, granting players access to Yogg-Saron’s brain. While inside, players must dispel illusions to escape before they get afflicted with Induce Madness.
Once Yogg-Saron’s brain reaches 30% HP, Yogg-Saron’s Shadowy Barrier will fail, and you can start attacking him directly.
Tanks should position Guardians of Yogg-Saron close to Sara to damage her with Shadow Nova. They should also be quick to lure Crusher Tentacles and Immortal Guardians to grab their attention away from the rest of the raid.
Finally, tanks should avoid losing their sanity and stop Immortal Guardians from healing by moving guardians with Empowering Shadows away.
For healers, enter the Descent into Madness and eliminate the illusions to access Yogg-Saron’s brain. You should also stand near your allies when connected by Brain Link and avoid losing your sanity.
DPS and other damage dealing raid members should kill Guardians of Yogg-Saron near Sara to damage her simultaneously. Damage dealers should also enter the Descent into Madness to destroy the illusions and gain access to the Brain of Yogg-Saron.
Lastly, don’t forget to stand near other raid members when connected by Brain Link and avoid losing all your sanity.
Yogg-Saron Encounter Abilities
The Keepers of Ulduar
Talk to the Keepers of Ulduar, and they will fight with you against Yogg-Saron. While engaged, they will provide your team with bonus effects and additional buffs.
- Resilience of Nature – Increases all DMG done by 10% and Healing received from any source by 20%.
- Sanity Well – Standing near the well brings back your senses and replenishes 20% of your Sanity every 2 seconds. Damage from enemies is reduced by 50% if you remain in the well.
- Fortitude of Forst – Boosts DMG done by 10% and decreases DMG taken from any source by 20%.
- Hodir’s Protective Gaze – Enables Hodir to save a friendly target who sustained fatal damage by freezing them in an impenetrable block of ice. Hodir needs some rest after using Protective Gaze.
- Speed of Invention – Increases all DMG by 10% and Movement SPD by 20%.
- Destabilization Matrix – Channels a beam of energy that destabilizes the structure of certain Saronite creatures, reducing their ATK SPD by 100% and Cast SPD by 300% for 30 seconds.
- Fury of the Storm – Increases all DMG by 10% and Total HP by 20%.
- Titanic Storm – Channels a powerful storm that strikes at enemies with bolts of lightning to destroy weakened immortal creatures.
The Lucid Dream
- Fervor – Increases a friendly target’s DMG by 20%, but also increases DMG taken by 100% for 15 seconds.
- Blessing – Heals a target for 27,000 to 33,000 HP, but causes 60,000 Shadow DMG over 20 seconds.
- Anger – Inflicts 12500 Shadow DMG every 3 seconds and increases Physical DMG by 12,000 for 12 seconds.
Guardian of Yogg-Saron
- Dark Volley – Throws missiles of dark magic, dealing Shadow DMG and wounding nearby enemies, reducing their healing by 25% for 10 seconds.
Ominous Clouds slowly move through the Prison of Yogg-Saron and will Boil Ominously if an opponent gets too close.
- Boil Ominously – Ominous Clouds starts boiling when players get too close, summoning a Guardian of Yogg-Saron.
Descent into Madness
Yogg-Saron reveals himself and starts assaulting his enemy’s mind.
- Sanity – Indicates your level of Sanity. If it reaches zero, your mind will be permanently controlled by Yogg-Saron.
- Psychosis – Deals 7500 Shadow DMG and reduces Sanity by 9%.
- Brain Link – Links the brain of two enemies. Afflicted targets suffer 3,000 Shadow DMG and lose 2% Sanity every 1 second when they are more than 20 yards apart.
- Malady of the Mind – Inflicts 5,000 Shadow DMG and causes enemies to run in horror for 4 seconds. This can transfer to another enemy within 10 yards. Malady of Mind also reduces your Sanity by 3%.
- Death Ray – Releases four streams of fatal energy that destroy any enemy they touch.
- Diminish Power – Weakens enemies in a large AoE around the caster, reducing their damage by 20%.
- Crush – Crushes enemies along the path of the tentacle’s attack, dealing 15,200 to 16800 Physical DMG to affected opponents.
- Focused Anger – Enrages the caster when gets hit by normal attacks and spells, giving increased ATK SPD and DMG.
- Draining Poison – Inflicts 21,000 Nature DMG to enemies and drains 21,000 Mana over 18 seconds.
- Black Plague – Infects enemies with the plague, causing them to retch uncontrollably.
- Apathy Magic – Decreases the ATK and Casting SPD of an enemy by 60% and slows its MOV by 60% for 20 seconds.
- Curse of Doom – Dooms the target, dealing 20,000 Shadow DMG after 12 seconds.
- Squeeze – Grabs an enemy and squeezes the life out of them, dealing 6,000 Physical DMG every second.
True Face of Death
When the Brain of Yogg-Saron reaches 30% HP, his Shadowy Barrier will fall, and you can start assaulting him directly.
- Lunatic Glaze – Inflicts 5,700, to 6,300 Shadow DMG and reduces Sanity by 4% every second as long as you’re facing the caster.
- Shadow Beacon – Enemy target becomes a beacon for Yogg-Saron’s Empowering Shadows.
- Empowering Shadows – Empowers friendly units in a 20 yards radius, regenerating 225,000 HP over 20 seconds.
Can only be killed by Thorim’s Titanic Storm.
- Empowered – Empowers an Immortal Guardian, increasing DMG when it has high HP.
This ends our guide on how to beat Yogg-Saron in World of Warcraft. We hope that this article helped you successfully tackle this encounter in the Ulduar Raid dungeon.
For questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.