Can’t figure out how you can beat Withered J’im in World of Warcraft?
The Nightfallen are outcast nightborne elves that were cut off from the nourishment of the Nightwell after being exiled from Suramar City. Due to this, they start to wither into a state of withdrawal.
One notable Nightfallen NPC that you’ll encounter in World of Warcraft is Withered J’im, which can be found in Azsuna.
After being cast out from Suramar, Withered J’im wandered the coastline as his body decayed along with his sanity. Before losing everything about him, he discovered radiating energy from a cave.
Inside the cave, he found a shard of power from the Nightwell, enough to sustain and empower him and warp the flow of time and space. It corrupted Withered J’im, and no one dared to enter the cave of Withered J’im.
Now, if you’re here, you probably want to test your skills and challenge Withered J’im. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we will show you the best strategy to beat Withered J’im in World of Warcraft.
Let’s jump right in!
Withered J’im Encounter Overview
Although Withered J’im himself is weakened, those in his presence gain Withered Presence, decreasing their damage output by 90%. He draws power from an Unstable Manshard, creating volatile gouts of arcane energy, and leverages it to create duplicates of himself.
Nightshifted Bolts should be avoided by tanks as they deal Arcane DMG to nearby opponents upon impact. Next, you should also defeat the Nightstable Energy to reduce area denial and not attack J’im when he has Resonance.
For healers, simply avoid getting hit by Nightshifted Bolts. On the other hand, keep the rest of the raid up using your healing abilities.
Damage dealers should be aware of Withered J’im’s Resonance, which can generate a handful of additional enemies. Now, you should also dodge Nightshifted Bolts to avoid receiving Arcane DMG.
Withered J’im Abilities
When facing Withered J’im, you have to take note of the following abilities to avoid and counter its effects:
- More… MORE MORE MORE! – Withered J’im draws energy from the Unstable Manashard, allowing him to clone himself.
- Nightshifted Bolts – J’im shoots arcane energy nearby, dealing Arcane DMG to enemies within 4 yards upon impact.
- Nightstable Energy – summons barely stable orbs of arcane power for 9 seconds, which periodically deals Arcane DMG to nearby opponents.
- Resonance – Withered J’im calls upon a bulwark of arcane magic around him for 15 seconds. This reduces his DMG taken by 30% and generates Unstable Resonance when taking damage. This explodes for massive Arcane DMG after 20 seconds to targets within 5 yards.
- Withered Presence – unexplained magic that decreases damage done by enemies by a significant amount.
Withered J’im Rewards
Once you’ve defeated Withered J’im, you’ll receive the following loot:
- Cave Skulker’s Helm
- Dingy Suramar Mercantile Signet
- Drape of the Mana-Starved
- Magic-Warped Hood
- Mana Scavenger’s Mask
- Unstable Arcanocrystal
That brings us to the end of our guide on how to beat Withered J’im in World of Warcraft. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.