Can’t figure out how you can beat Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft?
Lady Jaina Proudmoore is the daughter of Katherine Proudmoore and Dealin. She is the sister of Tandred and Derek and is considered one of the finest mages in all Azeroth. She is also the most powerful human sorceress alive.
Jaina is the Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras, the previous leader of the Kirin Tor of Dalaran, and the port city of Theramore.
Trained as the personal agent of Archmage Antonidas, she was instructed to investigate the plague of undeath with Prince Arthas Menethi, one of her romantic interests and childhood friend.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore is also the ninth and final boss in the Battle of Dazar’alor Raid in World of Warcraft. This encounter is part of the Dazar’alor raid where Alliance characters are turned into soldiers of the Horde.
Today, we will show you how to tackle this encounter to beat Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft.
Let’s jump right in!
The hounding of Jaina across the seas takes place over three stages. In the first phase, Jaina assaults the Zandalari warship with Kul Tiran Corsairs that blitz the play space. As the fight advances, marines set charges that inflict massive damage to the raid.
During the 2nd stage, Jaina Proudmoore unleashes the full force of her power, freezing the entire raid over time. Dwindling heat sources must be utilized by the raid to slow down the stacks of Chilling Touch to avoid becoming Frozen Solid.
For the last stage, Jaina uses Prismatic Images that copy her most dangerous frost spells. Frozen raid members must be freed before they get hit by Shattering Lance.
In Mythic difficulty, a gathering blizzard drops the temperature, so players must remain close together to avoid freezing.
Tank players should clear stacks of Chilling Touch by running into patches of Searing Pitch or standing close to a Burning Explosion before they detonate. They should also clear patches of Searing Pitch with Jaina’s Avalanche or Freezing Blast skills.
Lastly, don’t forget to move away from Jaina when targeted by Avalanche to avoid the shards of ice.
Healers should always dispel allies affected by the Grasp of Frost and the Hand of Frost. You should also remember that Ring of Ice inflicts heavy damage to the raid, so be ready to regenerate their HP.
Players targeted by Siegebreaker Blast will take significant damage upon impact.
Launch Ballistas to Kul Tiran Corsairs to repel their attack. It would help if you also hurled munition barrels placed by Set Charge overboard before they detonate. Damage dealers should also clear stacks of Chilling Touch by approaching Burning Explosion before it explodes or running into patches of Searing Pitch.
Finally, don’t forget to free allies who are Frozen Solid.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore Abilities
Throughout the entire encounter, all of Jaina’s abilities will also apply stacks of Chilling Touch to affected targets.
- This 20-second debuff inflicts low ticking frost damage and reduces movement speed by 2% each stack.
- Once you reach 20 stacks, you’ll get Frozen Solid when your HP drops below 80%, dealing you moderate frost damage every second and stuns you for 30 seconds.
- Players should avoid gaining 20 stacks of Chilling Touch to ensure they never get Frozen Solid.
- If a player becomes Froze Solid, they need to be freed by other players as soon as possible by destroying the ice block surrounding them.
When the raid use Bloodlust, Heroism, or Time Warp, Jaina Proudmoore will cast Ice Block, making her invulnerable for 20 seconds.
- During this period, Jaina won’t cast her abilities.
- The entire raid should avoid using Bloodlust, Heroism, and Time Warp abilities.
- Bloodlust, Heroism, and Time Warp should be used during the second intermission.
- Keep in mind that Jaina will not use Ice Block right away if she is in the middle of casting an important spell.
- You can also trigger Ice Block in phase three to allow the group to free multiple Frozen Solid players.
We hope that this guide helped you tackle the Battle of Dazar’alor Raid and beat Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft. If you have questions, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.