Need to beat Garrosh in World of Warcraft?
The Siege of Orgrimmar is a raid in World of Warcraft that was announced in patch 5.4. This raid consists of two major stages, with the first phase focusing on dealing with the aftermath of the Sha contamination caused by Garrosh Hellscream’s revival of the Heart of Y’Shaarj.
The final phase of the Siege of Orgrimmar involves a fight in Durotar, where the Darkspear Rebellion and the Alliance army make a final push to the Horde capital city. This is also the first raid to implement the Flexible Raid system.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you’re planning to do the Siege of Orgrimmar.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make an in-depth guide on how to beat Garrosh Hellscream in World of Warcraft.
Let’s get started!
Garrosh Encounter Strategy
This encounter starts with Garrosh Hellscream summoning Kor’kron Forces to his side and using Iron Stars. You must kill the Iron Stars first on the left side of the room with the help of your ranged DPS.
After that, proceed to the right side and deal with the Kor’kron Forces. If any DPS or Healer gets caught in the Iron Star’s path, it will instantly result in death.
Now, for the second phase, it will vary depending on how quickly you can get to Garrosh and stop him from becoming empowered.
If Whiling Corruption is cast, the group should spread to one side since it summons ADS that get stronger if they are killed near one another. With this, we highly suggest that you kill these ADS one by one.
Prevents the weapon from being killed completely. This effect usually occurs in the 3rd Phase of the fight.
Empowered Mind Control
Causes the players affected by mind control to look different and cast faster. The entire raid should try to interrupt the casting of this ability as soon as possible. You should also focus on attacking the mind-controlled players to set them free.
During the final phase of this encounter, Garrosh will get to an extremely low point in his HP pool, causing him to drain more from the heart, allowing him to become fully empowered. Due to this, he’ll be able to use all of his empowered abilities.
- During the first phase, interrupt Far Seers’ cast and eliminate at least one Siege Engineer every wave.
- In the realm of Y’Shaarj, kill all Sha manifestations to stop Garrosh from gaining energy.
- Hit affected players to break the Touch of Y’Shaarj, and disrupt them to stop the affliction from spreading.
- Once Garrosh gains 25 Energy, Empowered Whirling Corruption spawns minions that gain great power if killed near each other.
- In the first phase, Garrosh will use Hellscream’s Warsong to increase the damage of his Kor’kron minions.
- After going out of the Realm of Y’Shaarj, Garrosh’s attacks will inflict Gripping Despair, increasing the damage of every application.
- When empowered, Whirling Corruption summons Minions of Y’Shaarj that gain more power when killed near each other.
- During phase one, Exploding Iron Stars inflict massive raid-wide damage that decreases with distance from the origin point.
- If Garrosh’s shield is broken in the Realm of Y’Shaarj, his Annihilate will deal heavy DMG to the entire raid.
- Whirling Corruption also deals raid-wide damage that decreases as the distance goes farther from Garrosh.
Garrosh Encounter Rewards
Here are the possible rewards for the Garrosh encounter:
- Kor’kron Juggernaut
- Belt of the Broken Pact
- Black Blood of Y’Shaarj
- Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny
- Chestplate of Fallen Passion
- Cord of Black Dreams
- Cowl of Smoking Dreams
- Curse of Hubris
- Ebon Ritual Hood
That brings us to the end of our guide on how to beat Garrosh in World of Warcraft. If you have questions or any other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.