Can’t figure out how to beat Doomwalker in World of Warcraft?
Fel reavers are enormous demonic machines. They are mighty foes and are constantly releasing Fel green smoke. One of the most powerful Fel reavers in World of Warcraft is Doomwalker.
If you’re exploring the Black Temple, you’ve probably encountered Doomwalker.
The Black Temple is the fortress-citadel of Illidan Stormrage, Lord of Outland. It was once called the Temple of Karabor and has changed hands many times over the generations. While it has a main gate, its entrance is instead an instance portal set in a breach in the southern battlement, below the Ruins of Karabor.
Today, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to beat Doomwalker in the Black Temple in World of Warcraft.
Let’s get right into it!
Doomwalker is an Elite (Boss) and has the same abilities as a normal Fel reaver. However, he is much stronger and damages a lot more. In fact, he is capable of dealing up to 15,000 CRIT DMG to tanks.
This boss also used to patrol the zone in the Burning Crusade Beta and for a short time during retail. However, he was later removed due to complaints from players.
When you get killed by Doomwalker, you’ll gain a debuff called Marked of Death. This debuff is similar to the Dragons of Nightmare, which means you can only attempt this boss once every 15 minutes.
- Earthquake – deals 2,000 Physical Damage every two seconds or 8,000 Physical Damage in total. This also stuns everyone for the duration of this spell and can be avoided by using any type of shield.
- Chain Lightning – Doomwalker uses Chain Lightning randomly. It deals around 2,000 DMG to the initial target and will jump like normal chain lightning to anyone within 5-10 yards doubling the damage every hit.
- Overrun – randomly charges people and knocks them back. This wipes out the aggro and best countered with tanks quickly picking him up. Doomwalker will use Overrun several times in a row until he is picked up.
- Crush Armor – reduces your armor by 10% for 1 minute. This spell can stack up to 10 times.
- Enrage – when Doomwalker’s health reaches 20%, his physical DMG is doubled, which kills even Shield Walled tanks.
Doomwalker Encounter Tips
There appear to be some issues with Misdirection on Doomwalker. Occasionally, he’ll switch from the Hunter pulling to the MT but still attack and kill the pulling Hunter while running past.
An alternative solution is to have a Paladin body or ranged player pull bombs, Holy Shock, or similar run to the MT while the Hunter uses Misdirection. He can then use Divine Shield before he is hit.
This should allow your Hunter to stay behind the tank and not get hit by the glitch.
Doomwalker encounter also seems to be centered around allowing guilds to see how Paladin, Druid, and Warrior tanks can work together in a single boss fight.
Lastly, Doomwalker will leash if pulled too far from his original path, and his AoE effects will still affect flying players. It’s strongly recommended to stay away from him while in flight, as a death in mid-air can make corpse retrieval impossible or difficult.
You can also solo Doomwalker at Level 80 with end-game raid gear, but it is extremely dangerous and challenging. Like most solo adventures, it requires a balance of damage and healing abilities.
There are also some players grinding in the zone, which on PvP servers can lead to ganking.
As a general rule, you need to have separate well-geared Tank and Healers, with as many DPS as you can get. Making use of his large aggro radius and position can help offset the chance of chain lightning jump.
When you successfully eliminate Doomwalker, you can get any of the following:
- Anger-Spark Gloves
- Archaic Charm of Presence
- Barrel-Blade Longrifle
- Black-Iron Battlecloak
- Ethereum Nexus-Reaver
- Faceguard of the Endless Watch
- Fathom-Helm of the Deeps
- Talon of the Tempest
- Gilded Trousers of Benediction
- Terrorweave Tunic
That sums up our guide on how to beat Doomwalker fast in World of Warcraft. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.