Looking for a strategy to beat Blackhand in World of Warcraft?
Blackhand is a ruthless tyrant and a fierce warrior. He is a Warlord of the Blackrock clan and places second to Grommash in stature within the Iron Horde. Soaked with sweltering heat that several mortals could withstand, Blackhand oversees the operations of his Foundry.
He wields his smoldering hammer to forge weapons with incomparable strength and quality.
Blackhand is the end boss of the raid Blackrock Foundry. You can access Blackhand after you’ve completed the Blast Furnace, Iron Maidens, and Kromog encounters in World of Warcraft’s Blackrock Foundry.
You’ll be able to locate Blackhand in The Crucible, which you can enter using the Workshop’s bridge in front of the slag pool.
Today, we will show you the best way to beat Blackhand in the Blackrock Foundry raid in World of Warcraft.
Let’s dive right in!
During this raid, you’ll only encounter a single trash mob called Forgemistress Flamehand in the hallway that leads to the Crucible.
However, the entire hallway is quite dangerous. It’s lined with Flame Jets that deal massive damage to players who will attempt to pass through. The Flame Jets activate in a specific order, and the raid must pull the trash mob through the hallway to stay ahead of the flames.
If you fail to do this, players will be cut off from the rest of the raid and won’t receive heals or deal damage.
Every 20 seconds, Forgemistress Flamehand will attack 2-3 random players with Living Blaze. This doesn’t damage the affected player but deals heavy Fire DMG to nearby players.
To avoid inflicting damage, the affected player should stand on the other side of the hallway.
- In the initial phase, Blackhand will knock his main target into the Molten Slag.
- For the second level, Iron Soldiers will start spawning on the balcony above and must be immediately killed.
- In the third phase, Shattering Smash creates large Slag Craters that should be avoided.
- In the first phase, healers should keep away from Massive Demolition’s impact point. Take shelter behind Debris Piles if you’re Marked for Death.
- Iron Soldiers will start firing at players upon approaching the second level, inflicting damage to the raid. Be ready to regenerate affected players right away.
- Players affected with Impaling Throw and Slag Bombs on the third level will need significant healing from you.
- Stay away from Massive Demolition’s impact point in the initial phase and take shelter on the Debris Piles if you’re marked for death.
- After falling to the second level, kill Siegemakres and Iron Soldiers.
- Avoid getting knocked off by Impaling Throw in the third level.
During the entire encounter, Blackhand will use various abilities in every phase, which you must respond to and adjust accordingly.
To give you an idea, here are the abilities that Blackhand can use in the entire fight:
Marked for Death
This skill targets two players with a five-second debuff. After 5 seconds, Blackhand will target the affected players with Impaling Throw.
- Impaling Throw inflicts massive physical damage and debuffs to players with Impaled effect.
- You can avoid Impaling Throw using LOS behind environmental obstacles.
- Other players should avoid Impaling Throw by moving out of the path between Blackhand and the player’s target by Marked for Death.
- There will be yellow arrows at the base of Blackhand’s character model, which indicates the direction of Impaling Throw.
- During phase three, Impaling Throw passes through all objects and strikes all players in its path.
- Impaling Throw will also have a long-distance knock effect on players with Marked for Death during the third phase.
- Marked of Death targets gain 30% movement speed while debuffed to help with positioning.
Blackhand summons Slag Bombs throughout the entire fight and becomes armed after every three seconds.
- When launched, Slag Bomb deals heavy Fire damage to all players within 10 yards.
- Players affected will become Slagged, taking twice the damage for 15 seconds.
- During the 1st and 2nd phases, Blackhand will randomly throw three Slag Bombs near him, and players should move away immediately.
- In phase three, Blackhand will attach Slag Bombs directly to players, and they must move out of the raid.
- Blackhand will also target the active tank with Shattering Smash when he reaches 100 Energy.
- Shattering Smash damage can be split between all targets within a 6 yards radius.
- Tanks should alternate in taking damage from Shattering Smash.
- Players hit by Shattering Smash will get knocked back and gain Broken Bones, stunning them for 3 seconds.
- During the 1st and 2nd phases, Shattering Smash can be easily handled by tanks.
- If the active tank gets hit by Shattering Smash, the alternate tank must taunt Blackhand right away.
- In the final phase, Shattering Smash no longer stuns players but deals greater damage.
- If Massive Shattering Smash fails to hit more than four players, Blackhand will regain 75 Energy, which causes Massive Shattering Smash to occur faster than usual.
- Blackhand’s Crucible – kill Blackhand in Blackrock Foundry.
- Blackrock Foundry Guild Run – defeat the bosses within Blackrock Foundry on Normal Difficulty or higher in a guild group.
- Ahead of the Curve: Blackhand’s Crucible – defeat Blackhand on Heroic Difficulty or higher before the release of patch 6.2.
- Cutting Edge: Blackhand’s Crucible – defeat Blackhand on Mythic Difficulty before the release of patch 6.2.
- Realm First! Warlord Blackhand – first guild to defeat Blackhand in the realm with Mythic Difficulty while in a guild group.
- Ashes, Ashes… – kill Blackhand in Blackrock Foundry after catching 20 Falling Ashes on Normal Difficulty or higher.
This sums up our guide on how to beat Blackhand in World of Warcraft. For your questions and other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help you out.