Are you looking for a way to beat Archbishop Benedictus in World of Warcraft?
Hour of Twilight is the third and last 5-player heroic dungeon in World of Warcraft, focused on the final push against Deathwing. This dungeon was released in patch 4.3.0 and involved escorting Thrall to Wyrmrest Temple.
After shattering the infinite Dragonflight and recovering the fabled Dragon Soul, Thrall and his allies must go to Wyrmrest Temple and rendezvous with the green, blue, bronze, and red Dragonflights.
However, this is not an easy endeavor. Twilight’s Hammer has gathered forces near the temple to intercept the Dragon Soul at all costs.
The final boss of this encounter would be Archbishop Benedictus.
He’s the revered leader of the Church of the Holy Light and has been an instrumental part in seeing humanity through bleak times. However, beneath his benevolence lies a horrible truth that Archbishop Benedictus pledged himself to eradicate all life on Azeroth.
Today, we will show you how you can beat Archbishop Benedictus in World of Warcraft.
Let’s get right into it!
Archbishop Benedictus Strategy
The primary key to victory for this encounter is your group’s ability to dodge Archbishop Benedictus’ most aggressive attacks and your healer’s capability to dispel Righteous and Twilight Shear.
During the first phase, Benedictus will summon three Purifying Light orbs. Two of which will be destroyed by Thrall using chain lightning, leaving one for your raid to deal with.
When Archbishop Benedictus summons the Wave of Virtue, your raid must move to the Water Shell created by Thrall regardless of where the wave is traveling to take advantage of the bonus damage the shield provides.
Upon reaching 60% HP, Archbishop Benedictus will cast Twilight Epiphany, signaling the start of the second phase. During this stage, all of Benedictus’ ability mechanics remain the same, but Thrall won’t be able to weaken them.
In this instance, there will be three Corrupting Twilight orbs that must be avoided. It can also be destroyed by a ranged DPS on your raid.
You also have to keep in mind that there will be no Wave of Twilight to hide under in phase two. However, as long as your healer can dispel Twilight Shear, your raid won’t take as much damage if you manage to dodge the attacks.
Archbishop Benedictus Abilities
Benedictus assaults Thrall with the powers of the Holy Light.
- Righteous Shear – deals Holy Damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack.
- Purifying Light – Archbishop Benedictus forms three orbs of Purifying Light and sends them to assault the raid, triggering Purifying Blasts.
- Purifying Blast – inflicts 80,000 Holy DMG to enemies within 6 yards.
- Wave of Virtue – summons a Wave of Virtue that sweeps across the platform, dealing 100,000 Holy DMG to enemies and knocks them back.
When Benedictus’ HP reaches 60%, his true form will appear, transforming himself into an agent of the Twilight and imprisoning Thrall in a Twilight Prison.
- Twilight Shear – deals Shadow DMG to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack.
- Corrupting Twilight – Archbishop Benedictus generates three orbs of Corrupting Twilight and raises them above before sending them to cause Twilight Blast.
- Twilight Blast – deals 80,000 Shadow DMG to enemies in a 6 yard radius.
- Wave of Twilight – summons a Wave of Twilight that sweeps across the platform dealing 100,000 Shadow DMG to nearby opponents.
During the initial phase, Thrall will also assist you in combat using his Cleansing Spirit, Chain Lightning, and Water Shell.
That ends our guide on how to beat Archbishop Benedictus in World of Warcraft. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out as soon as possible.