Want to beat Ambrose Boltspark in World of Warcraft?
Trial of the Champion is a 5-Man dungeon in the Crusaders’ Coliseum in World of Warcraft. This dungeon has three encounters, and each rewards a Champion Seal when played in Heroic difficulty.
One of the bosses you’ll encounter in the Trial of the Champion is Ambrose Boltspark. He is a gnome mage serving as the Grand Champion of Gnomeregan in the Silver Covenant Pavilion in the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown.
Similar to any Alliance champion, Ambrose Bolt Spark can only be encountered by Horde players.
Today, we’ve decided to show you the best strategy to beat Ambrose Boltspark in the Trial of the Champion in World of Warcraft.
Let’s get started!
Ambrose Boltspark Encounter
You’ll need to grab an Argent Lance and mount it before talking to the NPC in the center of the arena to start the instance. When you speak to the NPC, you’ll have two options to choose from, but you’ll want to select the one that says ‘Skip the Pageantry’.
This should cause the NPCs to spawn instantly and start the fight rather than having to watch the entire event.
During this event, you’ll be riding around your Argent Tournament mount. You’ll have Charge as your main DMG dealing ability and Shield Breaker if Charge is unavailable.
For your shield, you’ll want to keep them up at all times to avoid taking a lot of incoming damage. After the first three waves of Champions, you’ll face the three bosses while still riding your tournament mount.
When it comes to Ambrose Boltspark, you’ll have to remember that he uses Fireballs and other mage-related spells. He can be silenced to counter his spell. You can also stun or interrupt Ambrose Boltspakr to stop him from casting.
Ambrose Boltspark Abilities.
- Fireball (Interruptible) – dealing around 2,000 DMG every shot. Not that damaging and standard.
- Polymorph (Interruptible) – the only real threat Boltspark has is that he can randomly Polymorph any player. It’s a good idea to interrupt this ability when being cast or dispel quickly.
- Blast Wave – deals around 2,000 DMG and knocks the group back.
- Haste – if your group has a mage, assign them to focus mainly on Boltspark. Spellsteal this ability for a 100% buff or use standard dispel tactics to avoid outpour of uninterruptible Fireballs.
Trial of the Champion Rewards
Once you’ve successfully beaten Ambrose Boltspark and other champions in the dungeon, you’ll obtain the following loot:
- Belt of Fierce Competition
- Binding of the Tranquil Glade
- Helm of the Bested Gallant
- Scale Boots of the Outlander
- Bindings of the Wicked
- Legguards of Abandoned Fealty
- Mark of the Relentless
- Pauldrons of the Deafening Gale
- Chestguard of the Ravenous Fiend
- Leggings of the Snowy Bramble
- Treads of Dismal Fortune
- Edge of Ruin
We hope that this guide helps you beat Ambrose Boltspark in World of Warcraft. If you have questions or any other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help you out.